Här hittar ni lite info om några festivaler.
3rd International Carlsbad Wind Music Festival 2016
The festival will take place in the world famous spa Carlsbad (Karlovy Vary) in the period 26th August – 28th August 2016 and it is open for amateur wind or brass bands without any limits. Majorettes groups are also welcome. The event will be held within Majorettes Chapmion Exhibition of the Majorettes Union of the Czech Republic and under the auspices of the City of Carlsbad.
Participating orchestras will go through the following programme ponits:
- 1-2 open-air concerts on Carlsbad´s Colonnade
- performance during Galashow in the Grandhotel Pupp (Saturday night)
- participation in the festive parade through Carlsbad (Saturday aftternoon)
- performance in front of the hotel Thermal
- trip to Prague with a sightseeing and an open air performance (on demand)
The participation in the festival includes accommodation with halfboard for 2-4 nights, Carlsbad sightseeing, guide. We will be pleased to advise prices in case of interest.
Bands with majorettes groups are welcome.
Deadline for applications: 31st May 2016
21st International Wind Music Festival “Vejvoda’s Zbraslav” 2016
the festival takes place in honour of Jaromir Vejvoda, the world-known composer of wind music and the author of the most famous polka of the world “Skoda lasky” (Beer Barrel Polka) In 2016 it will be the 21st year of the festival. The event is held under the auspices of the City of Prague. The festival will take place in the birthplace of Jaromir Vejvoda – in Zbraslav (part of Prague) from 23rd September to 25th September 2016. Wind orchestras without age limit which will fulfil the conditions of the participation (orchestras with majorette groups are welcome) can participate in the festival. As a part of the festival there is a competition, which is open for small wind bands with up to 25 players (incl. conductor). There is a compulsory composition for the competition. Outside the competition also bands with more than 25 players can take part in the festival. Bands with majorettes groups are welcome.
On the occasion of the festival the orchestras will participate in following programme points:
- (Friday) all participating orchestras will perform their own programme in Zbraslav and its surroundings
- (Friday) in the evening performances of orchestras in the festive tent onZbraslav Square
- (Saturday) from9,00 a.m. the competition of participating orchestras will be held in Zbraslav theatre
- (Saturday) performances in the festive tent onZbraslav Square.
- (Saturday) From 3.00 p.m. a festive parade through Zbraslav
- (Saturday) at 5,00 p.m. concert of Vejvoda´s band in the tent onZbraslav Square
- (Saturday) common concert of all participating orchestras under conducting of Josef Vejvoda,
- (Saturday) At 6,00 p.m. the representatives of the orchestras will be received by the mayor of Zbraslav.
- From 7,00 p.m. all participants will be kindly invited to folk dance with a Czech band and another programme to the festive tent onZbraslav Square.
- (Sunday) at10,00 a.m. a matinee in the tent in Zbraslav, for those orchestras which are interested in the performance, will take place.
Deadline for applications: 30th June 2016
More Information: http://www.or-fea.cz/akce/vejvodova-zbraslav-en.php
19th International Festival of Wind Orchestras Prague 2017
This festival traditionally takes place at the beginning of the year, in 2017 it will be held from Friday 17th February to Saturday 18th February 2017. The Festival is organised and realised by Festival Agency OR-FEA in co-operation with the Ministry of Culture and the Prague City. Amateur wind orchestras (harmonies, fanfare orchestras and brass bands) without age limit that comply with the conditions of the participation are allowed to participate in the festival. The competition is open in following concert categories lower class -: middle class – higher class – and the top class. There is a compulsory composition advertised for each category.
On the occasion of the festival the orchestras will get through following points:
- Opening concert of the Orchestra of the Central Military Band of the CzechRepublic (Friday)
- Competition of the individual categories – (Friday) Saturday.
- extra concert – Friday
- Final evening, awarding ceremony, common playing of all participating musicians, which will be the highlight of the festival (Saturday).
- The representatives of the orchestras will be received by a councillor of the City of Praguein the historical OldTown Hall. (Friday)
Deadline for applications: 31st October 2016
More Information at: http://www.or-fea.cz/akce/mezinarodni-festival-dechovych-hudeb-en.php
54rd International Wind Music Festival Kmoch´s Kolín 2017
the world-famous festival takes place in honour of Frantisek Kmoch, the well-known composer. In 2017 it will be 54th anniversary year of the festival. The festival is held under the auspices of the City of Kolin (40 km from Prague). The festival will be held from 9th June to 11th June 2017. Wind orchestras without age limit (orchestras with majorettes groups are welcome) can participate in the festival.
Participating orchestras will go through the following programme points:
- 1 – 2 open-air concerts in Kolin
- 1 open-air concert in Kutna Hora or Podebrady
- participation in a monstrconcert
- particiation in the festive parade through the town of Kolin (Saturday aftternoon)
- trip to Prague with a sightseeing and an open air performance (on request)
The participation in the festival includes accommodation with halfboard for 2-4 nights or more, sightseeing, guide. Accommodation can be arranged in Prague with a trip to Kolin or in Kolin with a trip to Prague or a combination. We will be pleased to advise prices in case of interest.
Deadline for applications: 31st December 2016
More Information at: http://www.or-fea.cz/akce/kmochuv-kolin-en.php